Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Week 4: Foundation and Framing

This week they poured the foundation and are working on the framing. The workers said they would have the top on the house by the end of the week! We are constantly amazed at how fast this house-building process is going! I am learning so much about building houses...it is truly an art. There is a lot more that goes into making a house than meets the eye. So much of it that I don't even begin to understand! I forgot to mention the expected completion date! The builder said he could build the house in 70 to 80 days from groundbreaking, which was March 1st. So 80 days from March 1st is May 20th. I can't believe our house will be done at the end of May (at least per the estimate and barring any really nasty weather). I expect with all the paper work the bank has to do and everything, we should be in the house by the beginning of June at latest. Oh, and our street finally has a name...Hanover Street! I can't wait to get into all the little details of the house that I get to pick out...light fixtures, granite, flooring, paint colors, etc. Here are pictures from this week...


































































































No comments:

Post a Comment