Friday, November 22, 2013

Family Nurse Pracititioner Boards Preparation

As I prepare for my Family Nurse Practitioner boards, I have found the following resources to be very helpful.  I hope some of these help y'all out!  Keep in mind, I plan to take the AANP boards.

AANP-FNP Test Bundles
-  Save 10% with the discount code SAVE-YEAEZ.
-  Go to http://www.aanp-fnp.com/order_tests.cfm to order the test bundles.
-  You can order 1 test, 2 test, 5 tests, 15 tests, or 30 test.  The 30 test bundle is the best deal.
-  They occasionally have sales, and you can also use the discount code above to save even more with the sales!
-  I bought the 30 test bundle to get me in the mindset of sitting for long periods of time while taking tests.
-  I also love the rationales that are provided for each questions.
-  These tests are supposedly harder than the actual boards.

APEA Board Review by Amelie Hollier
-  I attended her live review in May, and I loved it.  She was very engaging but informative.
-  Search for review locations and dates at http://www.apea.com/
-  The live review is 2.5 days long, and a workbook is provided.  The cost is $475, but you can occasionally save about $50 if you sign up early.
-  The audio CDs cost $420, and the online course costs $475.
-  Several of my classmates have enjoyed listening to the audio CDs.
-  If you go to the live review, you receive a discount on Hollier's publications if you buy them while you are at the review course.  I bought several books that have been helpful.
Clinical Guidelines in Primary Care:  A Reference and Review Book by Amelie Hollier and Rhonda Hensley (ISBN-10 1892418169 and ISBN-13 978-1892418166) costs $69.95 on the APEA website.  This book has been extremely helpful during my clinicals, and I anticipate using it often during my practice as an FNP.
Adult-Gero and Family Nurse Practitioner Certification Practice Questions by Amelie Hollier (ISBN 978-1-892418-18-0) costs $49.95 on the APEA website.  This book has great test review questions with answers and rationales.

FHEA Board Review by Margaret Fitzgerald
-  I did not attend her review, but several of my classmates did.  They felt it was very beneficial.
-  Search for review locations and dates at http://www.fhea.com/
-  The live review is 2.5 days long, and I believe a workbook is provided.  The cost is $524, but you can save about $75 if you sign up early.
-  The audio CDs cost $446, and the online course costs $299.
-  Several of my classmates have enjoyed listening to the audio CDs.
Nurse Practitioner Certification Examination and Practice Preparation by Margaret Fitzgerald (ISBN 9780803621329) costs $64.00 on the FHEA website.  I have not looked at this book yet, but I plan to work on it during the final two weeks before boards.  My classmates who have used this book love it!

I will update this post as I use more resources during my studies!  I hope this post helps all of you future nurse practitioners!

No comments:

Post a Comment