Sunday, November 17, 2013

Show Us Your Life: Local Blogger Connections

Kelly's Korner Blog is doing a Show Us Your Life to connect local bloggers!

Here is a little about myself...
I am 26 years old and from central Mississippi.  I am a registered nurse, but I recently quit my job as a NICU nurse to spend some time at home while I finish up nurse practitioner school.  I will graduate in December from the University of South Alabama with a Master of Science in Nursing.  I hope to take my boards in December to become a Family Nurse Practitioner.  The market for nurse practitioners in Mississippi is slim at the moment, so hopefully I will be able to find a job in this area where I fit in perfectly.  My heart is with pediatrics, but I have learned to love taking care of adults in the outpatient setting.  I know God will guide me where I need to be!  Currently, I am designing jewelry, and I created a business named Rustic Couture Designs.  Check out my Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/RusticCoutureDesigns and my Etsy shop at http://www.etsy.com/shop/RusticCoutureDesign.  I am having so much fun making my jewelry.  My husband, Dustin, is a pilot, and we have been married for 6 and a half years.  We got married really young...I was 20, and he was 21!  However, we are perfect for each other, and we love being married!  We have a precious 5-year-old redheaded son, Ryan, who keeps us on our feet.  He is the joy of our life, and we can't imagine life without him.  For those asking, yes we do want another kiddo, but I need to get established in my career as a nurse practitioner first!  So hopefully we will travel that road in the next 5 years :)  We have a 5-year-old German Shepherd named Ziggy that we adopted in May.  She has a heart of gold and is very protective of our 5-year-old son.  She fits in perfectly with our family!  I hope you enjoyed learning a little bit about me!  I will leave you with a picture of Ryan and Ziggy...


No comments:

Post a Comment